Friday, May 27, 2011

Ready, Set, Wait.

I shared a piece of advice with a friend yesterday. As soon as it came out of my mouth, it punched me in the gut. It was like the Holy Spirit said, "That advice was for you, Janet. Listen to what you're saying." I kinda brushed it off at the time, but then again this morning I was praying about an issue, and I heard my advice all over again. It was really good advice. Biblical advice that I really need to put into practice. In so many ways thus far in my life, I have not heeded the advice that I gave my friend. So, I figured since it was so applicable and timely for me, it might also be helpful to something you're going through right now.
Are you ready? Here goes.........

It's usually a lot more appealing to be busy and to be doing, doing, doing rather than to wait on God and trust His path and provision. Try to resist the attitude of self-reliance that would have you to believe you must make things happen entirely for yourself. Learn to become comfortable with seeking and waiting - lest in your busyness you miss God's best, right in front of your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment