Friday, May 20, 2011

The Fatherless.....Singing of Their Father



Some friends of ours are considering a foreign adoption. Aware of the fact that adoption is such a literal and wonderful enaction of the gospel message, I decided to have a look this morning at what the Bible has to say about the "orphan" and the "fatherless." Did you know that there are over 30 verses in the Bible where God clearly expresses His compassion and concern for the fatherless? He also clearly instructs His people to be active in caring for the fatherless.

God makes me more and more aware that His work on this earth extends so very far beyond my American existence. He is turning my heart to be aware of needs all over the world. It's exciting to be growing. I can't help but wonder in what ways He will continue to convict Nick and I regarding our responsibility to reach beyond ourselves and into the lives of the lost, the poor, and the fatherless around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment