Monday, June 6, 2011

Recognition of His Power = Recognition of Our Great Need

God has made His Spirit and His power accessible to us. That statement alone is profound.

In Ephesians 1:18-19, Paul prayed that the eyes of our hearts would be opened so that we would understand "his incomparably great power for us who believe." Do we really grasp that? The power of the Creator of the Universe, so huge that it has no comparison, is available to us!!!!!! Paul continues on to say that this power is "like the working of his mighty strength which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead." Wow. The power that God utilized to raise Jesus from the dead is the same power that is available to be utilized in the lives of us who believe.

Pondering this truth makes me feel keenly aware of how desperately fallen and needy we all are.
Surely we are experiencing far less that what He intends. I am convinced of it.
The more I see Him, the more I see how desperately I need Him.
The more I come to know Him, the more I cry out for His invasion in my life and the lives of those I love.

I will never have any hope of being who He's called me to be unless His Spirit does a work in me that I will never be able to do for myself.

I will never be able to join with my brothers in a mighty revival of the Spirit of God unless He breaks our hearts and sets them onto a completely new direction.

My church will never have any hope of rising to be the selfless, passionate, and repentant body of believers we've been called to be unless He has mercy and pours of His Spirit upon us.

And so, I'll keep praying.
I'll keep crying out to God to do for me and my family and my church what none of us deserve but what we all desperately need: An outpouring of His Spirit that is so powerful and so personal that it cannot be ignored. An outpouring so persistent that we all are broken-hearted over our sin and alive unto Him who desires to make much of His glory in our lives! I shudder to think of how insignificant our days and years will be if He does not do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment