Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When Your Soul Is Downcast...

I have been discouraged lately. I told God this morning that I really needed to hear from Him today.
He was faithful to answer from His Word! I shudder to think how many times I've cried out for help or needed to hear from God, yet never received what I needed simply because I never opened my bible.

God's encouragement for me today:

My soul is downcast within me. 
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him." 
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him. 
It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:20b-26

My modern-day translation:
Your Lord is filled with love and compassion for you at the start of each new day. Because of that (and regardless of what you may be feeling or experiencing) you have every reason to have hope!!! Because of His great faithfulness, you have nothing to fear, dread, or be discouraged by. He is all that you need - more than you need! Since He is, just wait for Him. He will come through. If you hope in Him and seek Him, you will experience His goodness. Wait for Him - He will not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment